Re: Sendmail white paper

2004-11-23 12:34:04
Scott Kitterman wrote:

It's an S/MIME signature of the type mandated by the US DoD
for communications from contractors.

Normally there's some text/plain part in signed (PGP or S/MIME)
articles, but this time it was apparently encrypted, not only
signed (?)

You post sort of makes my point about the value of S/MIME is
solving the forgery problem.

Not sure, my ersatz-newsreader is too stupid to check / create
these signatures, but it can display MIME encapsulated text in
almost all valid forms.  Microsoft's OE would probably try a
"kernel panic" if it doesn't find the virus for installation.

                     Bye, Frank