RE: Sendmail white paper

2004-11-24 02:52:48
Hi,

From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of David
Woodhouse
I can call it spoofing when the postman delivers a letter from my
mother, because he patently isn't my mother. I can demand that he
rewrites the return address on the back of the envelope to be his own
address, or I won't read the mail. That doesn't mean it's
sane for me to
do so.

That's lame. To use you weak postman analogy.

I sign up to a catalogue company who send me a catalogue. I decide I don't
want it, so I cross out the address write your address on it and stick it
back into the mail system. You get the catalogue. Who do you complain to,
the postman who honoured the original delivery request and didn't know I was
acting badly, the catalogue company who did nothing wrong, or me who broke
the rules.

This is why when you fill out postal redirection, and it is redirected, they
put a sticker on it telling you who it was for and why its at the new
address.

The postal service already beat this problem, so don't drag them into it. We
just need the stick label on the envelope to say "Hay, its been redirected"

Regards

Richard Bang
Floosietek Ltd
richard(_at_)ftgate(_dot_)com