Clean up this list

2004-12-08 02:17:06

David,

There are less MTAs than MUAs. Fix the MTA not the MUA.

And now you're being illiterate. There are fewer MTAs than
MUAs. And IIM

While I don't normally reply to my own posts, it struck me that were I
living in the USA and so inclined, I may have chosen to repond to this
liablous statment with a trip to my lawyer rather than the list.

Maybe, to protect the reputation of this list and by inference SPF the list
owner should lay down some policy statements of the use of the list and then
enforce them.

I have no problem with people telling me I'm wrong, providing they tell me
why, but I don't like personal attacks that are used to refute argument. It
looks bad for the list and sooner or later someone will be insuted and
decide to take it all the way.

Lets have some rules and have them enforced. It will make for a better
community spirit.

For a freebee here is the requirements from one of my mailing lists:
------------

We encourage users of the FTGate user group to contribute freely, as long as
they do it responsibly, free of insult and respectful of others. To ensure
you and we are protected, we have developed a standard of conduct that is
strictly enforced.

No profanity or obscenities of any kind, even disguised with *asterisks

No personal attacks on other participants (personal attacks are defined as
comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion)

Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent,
abusive, insulting, threatening and harassing comments are not tolerated.

Please do not stray from the discussion topic

No impersonation of other participants or public figures.

No advertising of any kind, including non-profit organisations

No third party copyright material should be posted, although we encourage
contributions to be sent for our Site. Please use links instead of quotes
from sources rather than copying the material.

No over sized fonts, JavaScript, tables, headings or other advanced HTML
commands are allowed.

Please use only bold or coloured fonts to emphasise your points.

No attachments should be posted, use a link to the material. If it is of
sufficient interest we may host the files on our site for you to link to.

If you violate the above rules you may be removed from the list and banned
from rejoining.