Official SPF website (was: Wildcat! SPF Support)

2004-12-16 07:18:24
In <004001c4e33f$b49bf120$6401a8c0(_at_)hdev1> "Hector Santos"
<winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com> writes:

Meng, Wayne, SPF Council who ever:
[....]

It would be nice to have some link on the SPF web site finally for Wildcat!

<wearing my SPF council member hat>

Hector:

I can understand how you feel, but I can't speak for "the SPF web
site".

The SPF council has not yet gotten to discussing which, if any,
website would be the official SPF website.  Nor have any of the
webmasters for the various SPF web sites that are out there stepped
forwarded and set up a system that would allow the SPF council to have
control over a website.

What we need is for a group of interested volunteers to organize this
project.  By "SPF council control", I mean that the council would
approve the group and have final say when there needs to be a change
to the list of people who can update the website and also a final say
over content.  In practice, expect both of those functions to be
simply rubber stamping things.

I do not have time to organize this project.  I am way behind on
things that I consider far more important, such as the SPF-classic
I-D.

There were people in the past that expressed interest in this kind of
thing.  Now is the time to take charge.

-wayne