Proposal For The Council - Make SPF-Help Archive Public

2004-12-16 23:00:02
It is not unusual for us to get repeat questions on spf-help.  While
subscribers can look at the spf-help archive, it isn't searchable on
listbox.

I'm thinking that if we were to change the spf-help archive from private to
public (so it would be Google searchable), then people might be more able to
answer their questions themselves.

Now, I realize that would mean that e-mail addresses would, in theory, be
exposed to spammers.  I think they are already exposed.  I get spam
addressed to the address that I only use for the spf lists (I'm not the only
one).

Also, the archives are already available to non-subscribers via Gmane, so
since they already aren't private, why not make them more useful to people
trying to solve problems?

What do you think?

Scott Kitterman