spfhelp.com was:RE: Proposal For The Council - Make SPF-Help Archive Public

2004-12-17 08:35:47
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
jpinkerton
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 5:49 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Proposal For The Council - Make SPF-Help
Archive Public

I have an extensive list of FAQ's gleaned from the spf-help list.
I need to
make it searchable and it'll be a more useful tool

Any other refinements anyone would like?

At:

http://www.spfhelp.com/policies.html

You have:

"If you choose to reject SPF failures, you accept that some mail, that is
not
junk, may get bounced due to the above but accept that the domain admin for
those sites is happy with that and so are his users."

I think you need to expand on that.  I think you should add:

SPF checks during the SMTP session must be done on the network edge.  SPF
can only determine authorization for the last hop.  In order to avoid false
positives due to verbatim forwarding, SPF checking MTAs should whitelist
non-SRS forwarders either through http://www.trusted-forwarder.org/ or
through local policy.  For forwarded messages, the forwarder is effectively
the edge of the receiver's network.

Also, I found a searchable archive of spf-help at:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/spf/help/

Perhaps that could be mentioned.  BTW, this doesn't make my question for the
council OBE (I think).

Scott Kitterman

Scott Kitterman