Re: spf

2005-04-15 09:46:50
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Andrew Gutkowski wrote:

What are other corporations and institutions who use GroupWise doing
for this?  There are 35 million people running GroupWise.  If this
doesn't work with GroupWise, how is spf going to be effective?

What I have done for clients with existing mail servers that I don't
know how to configure (e.g. Exchange - it doesn't matter if Exchange
can actually work properly unless there is someone who knows how
to make it do so) is to put a Linux system running sendmail in front
of it on the internet (nothing against postfix and qmail, I have just
learned how to make sendmail sing and dance for me).

If Groupwise can't handle SMTP AUTH, then put in a Linux server that
can.  You can still use the Groupwise server for internal SMTP,
and make the Linux server available for external users that wish to
send mail from college.edu that passes SPF.