Re: spf

2005-04-14 13:24:43
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Andrew Gutkowski wrote:

You are interpreting this ALL wrong.  The college has no requirements
about what smtp servers our users send through.  Our user's ISP has this
requirement.  The ISP requires that all outgoing smtp traffic on their
network be routed through their smtp server, even if it is not their
email users.  The ISP is blocking port 25, not the college.  Our email
users who are connected to the ISPs network are required to send their
college email through the ISPs smtp server.

Should I say that one more time??

There are lots of good reasons to reconfigure your mail server to accept
authenticated connections on port 587.

Should I say that one more time??