Re: spf

2005-04-14 13:13:38
ISP should allow port 25 to this one smtp server on request.

btw. I would like there are more ISP's who close outgoing port 25 by default :)

-----Original Message-----
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk(_at_)queernet(_dot_)org>
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:10:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] spf

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Andrew Gutkowski wrote:

Herein lies the problem.  We have users outside of the college who
are
using an ISP which blocks port 25.  Our mail server does not support
port 587, at least that I am aware of.  This means we cannot use smtp
auth or use sasl over port 587.

It's not a difficult configuration issue to make it do so in most
MTA's.
The college would be wise to do so, because even without SPF, some
service
providers won't allow MAIL FROM:<> or From: referencing a domain they
don't host.

Read the whitepaper!  http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf