Re: spf

2005-04-14 09:53:39

On 2005-04-14, at 18.30, Andrew Gutkowski wrote:

Just going by the options presented here, we will probably just change
our spf record to allow all mail servers to send.  We have 8,000 users
and there is no way we will be able to get them to send via ssh or
through webmail.  Students want to be able to use Outlook Express or
some other easily configurable mail client with fairly easy setup
options.  Spf just doesn't seem like a viable answer for us at this
time.

Configuring an email client to use Authenticated SMTP is no more difficult than the plain variant. Sure, there might be a few more checkboxes to tick, but the actual level of complexity is exactly the same. For the average user I'm sure that that all settings are mumbo-jumbo - they will just follow your printed / online instructions step-by-step in both cases.

j o a r