Re: spf

2005-04-14 08:58:40

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Andrew Gutkowski wrote:

Does anyone know if GroupWise supports SASL over port 587?

I don't think so, but don't take my word on it as I've not worked with Novell for a while. Note though that 587 is just like normal SMTP, but
with required authentication, but you could drop that "required" part and
just setup separate instance of mail server on different port (possibly it'd have to be separate machine sharing network user configuration).

I have never heard of this before. If they don't, we will have to remove our SPF records because we cannot have users email blocked by other email servers.

I'm curious what Groupwise & SASL (or rather port 587 SUBMIT) has to do with SPF in your setup? Or do you mean that you're willing to let all
your users come in and mail through your system?

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks