Re: spf

2005-04-14 11:45:53
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Andrew Gutkowski wrote:

Does anyone know if GroupWise supports SASL over port 587?  I have never
heard of this before.  If they don't, we will have to remove our SPF
records because we cannot have users email blocked by other email
servers.  I could change the SPF records to allow other email servers to
send, but then what is the point of having an SPF record at all?

There is still a point if you can reduce the universe of potential
servers.  For instance, some family members won't change their email
config at all from what their ISP provides.  So to let them use our
vanity domain, I include the entire ISP as NEUTRAL, but end in -all.
This at least cuts out other ISPs and other countries.

gathman.org text "v=spf1 mx:bmsi.com ?ptr:cox.net ?include:earthlink.net -all"