Re: spf

2005-04-14 09:02:06
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 11:19:22AM -0400, Andrew Gutkowski wrote:

Does anyone know if GroupWise supports SASL over port 587?  I have never
heard of this before.

This I don't know, but ...

                       If they don't, we will have to remove our SPF
records because we cannot have users email blocked by other email
servers.

... that isn't true.  What about webmail for instance?  And as a last
resort (ONLY) you could end with "?all" in stead of "-all".

          I could change the SPF records to allow other email servers to
send, but then what is the point of having an SPF record at all?

That's correct, you don't want to do that.

How you're going to do it depends on the possibilities and your imagination,
you will have to allow your (external) users to transmit their mail from,
or via, your infrastructure.

Possible solutions include:
- ssh access into a DMZ at your site
- webmail at your site
- port 587 access to your site
- port 25 access to your site (but this is blocked by the ISP)

and probably more.  Everywhere you read "your site", you could also
have one external host, for instance an ESP, doing this for you; you'd
need to include that ESP's servers, not every ISP's servers.

cheers,
Alex