Re: Re: HELO versus MAILFROM results

2005-05-05 20:22:17
On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 04:24:44AM +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:

Most of it.  The context here was your reply to my example
HELO oem.computer.  If you consider something else as "the
context" I've no clue what that might be.

Again: I am commenting on the following fud:

This debate is a hallucination, if somebody loves to say
"HELO oemcomputer" then he's free to do so with or without
SPF, of course it's a RfC 2821 syntax error "missing dot".

RFC 2821 clearly states that FQDN shall be used, not random
series of characters that "somebody loves to say".  RFC2821
does not define "missing dot".  See my other reply as well as

If you are going to discuss SPF, please don't spread fud on RFC2821.