options, scopes, protocols, flags, properties

2005-05-10 06:04:47
Julian Mehnle wrote:

Who said anything about a "remove-scope=" modifier?

I did.  Wayne did in one of the 1000 threads about scopes
before the now started 1001st thread, something along the
line of "v=spf1 scope modifiers are no problem as long as
they don't remove the MAIL FROM scope".  Jim and Meng did
in their "backwards compatibility chapter" proposing to
use a dummy "sp2.0/pra" record to remove the PRA scope.

By "optional properties", do you mean "op="

Yes,  The original name invented by Chris Hayes was "other
protocols", but TINW found that it's just a set of options
not limited to protocols or add1-scopes or what else.

So what caveats are you talking about?

Nobody has implemented it.  Nobody is forced to implement it.
If somebody implements it he must not try to interpret the
absence of an option in any way, it could be an old policy.

Believe me, I have read it. :-)

Obviously I failed miserably in making it comprehensible.
Otherwise you would not propose the same idea with a new
modifier name limited to add1-scope properties.  Bye, Frank