For SPF council review: What to do about redirect= and NXDOMAIN?

2005-05-22 09:18:40
In <x4ll6dhk3j(_dot_)fsf(_at_)footbone(_dot_)schlitt(_dot_)net> wayne
<wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net> writes:

Something that I've been pondering for quite a while is what should
happen if you have an SPF record with a redirect= modifier, but the
target domain is malformed, non-existant or has no SPF records?

I'm pretty sure the current language, and that of mengwong-spf-0[01],
calls for the result to be "None", since the redirect= modifier acts
pretty much as if the process is starting over.

Should redirect= be treated the same as include:?  Should the result
simply be Neutral rather than None?

I guess I haven't formally called for this to be an agenda item for
the SPF council review, so I'm requesting it now.

-wayne