Re: What to do about redirect= and NXDOMAIN?

2005-05-20 14:19:46
On Fri, 20 May 2005, wayne wrote:

My reading of the spec leads me to believe that when the there is
no SPF record for the target of a redirect or include, the result
should be PermError.

My reading of the spec says that redirect and include act differently
when faced with not finding SPF records.  The definition of the
include mechanism contains explicit language to define these case,
while while the redirect modifier does not.

Agreed.

This is at least how I read the spec.  Could you please explain more
about why you think they act the same?

The rationale for non-existent include resulting in PermErr was that the policy
could not be evaluated, and the problem was not going to go away until someone
fixed it.  The same rationale applies to redirect, even though not explicitly
stated.