exp= modifier and processing limits

2005-05-27 23:07:47
In <x4ll64uz9d(_dot_)fsf(_at_)footbone(_dot_)schlitt(_dot_)net> wayne
<wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net> writes:

In <42932C36(_dot_)47AA(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> writes:

wayne wrote:

please remove '"exp" counted' in 10.1 - throwing a PermError
after the result is clear is rubbish)

If I recall correctly, this was discussed and people really
wanted exp= to be counted.

Yes, it was discussed, but TTBOMK people agreed that when a
client already has a solid FAIL it makes no sense to "reduce"
this to a PermError only because of one additional exp= query.

Ok, I tried looking into this some, but couldn't find the
discussions.  I am very reluctant to re-open old issues.

Well, I've done a bunch more searching, and I can't find the
discussions that I vaguely remember, so this isn't a closed issue.

Unless someone yells loudly, I will remove the "exp=" modifier from
counting against the DNS lookup limits.

-wayne