Re: 63/64 and two minor -01 problems

2005-05-25 04:37:46
wayne wrote:

  [exp= not counted for processing limits]
my recollection parallels Frank's

well I've done a ton of searching of old posts lately, so
I'm taking a break from it.

In -00 it was only mechanisms, the point was always to add
the forgotten redirect=, not other modifiers, especially
not exp=.

Like you'll add redirect=any.invalid to include:any.invalid
in -02.  And you once said that redirect= should have been
a mechanism, but we found no convincing all:next.example or
similar variant for this purpose (in a future SPF version).

So we're stuck with redirect= as special case.

If someone else can find the discussion I would appreciate
it.  I seem to recall that I also wanted the exp= modifier
to be excluded from the count and I "lost" on this issue.

No, that was only one of those nightmares.  GMaNe's search is
an odd beast, I use my "posted" mbox, please navigate in the
corresponding threads on GMaNe:

date: hits for "redirect=" in conjunction with "count to 10"
04-20
<http://mid.gmane.org/42667CE6(_dot_)5CD3(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
04-01
<http://mid.gmane.org/424D8063(_dot_)4449(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
03-25
<http://mid.gmane.org/424471CB(_dot_)5740(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
03-22
<http://mid.gmane.org/42400B3A(_dot_)5766(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
03-18
<http://mid.gmane.org/423A6E8B(_dot_)7DDF(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
02-27
<http://mid.gmane.org/422174B7(_dot_)BFC(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
12-11
<http://mid.gmane.org/41BABA81(_dot_)7758(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
12-04
<http://mid.gmane.org/41B12FA2(_dot_)7140(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>

The last two articles were in reply to Roger and you resp.

date: additional hits in conjunction with counting "exp="
03-31
<http://mid.gmane.org/424BB8A3(_dot_)3E6D(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
11-05
<hhtp://mid.gmane.org/418BC625(_dot_)470B(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>

I don't recall any article wanting exp= to be counted, and
while I don't read all articles here I (try to) watch what
you reply to,

it isn't a good idea to keep reopening old issues.

ACK, stick to q-mechanisms + redirect= and don't count exp=.

I could try to find further hits for "exp" (not "exp=") if
you're sure that I must have missed a relevant thread here.
OTOH if I really missed it it won't show up in my archive.

                           Bye, Frank