Re: This is ridiculous.

2005-06-12 07:35:37
At 08:54 AM 6/12/2005 +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:

Sure.  I only wanted it on record that any "IESG conspiracy" is
so far bad science fiction.  They even managed to publish the
DEA list <http://www.ietf.org/u/ietfchair/dea-directorate.html>

Interesting. So what is the role of the seven people in this "dea-directorate"? I assume the IESG doesn't go through all the proposals themselves. Are these the "referees" who actually read and understand the proposals, and separate the signal from the noise?

That is certainly better than what I earlier understood is going on. It is good that they interact with the advocates, and state their concerns. It is not good that some may have biases going in. It would be nice if they state their recommendations publicly, before the IESG votes, and avoid private communications with the IESG. I guess that will be impossible to avoid with at least one IESG member - the Area Director who set up this group.

If done right, this could provide a way around the "consensus" rule that allows uncompromising minorities to block any proposal.

--
Dave