Re: Problem with SID

2005-06-23 11:52:36

Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:
Terry Fielder wrote:

SPF does not "introduce a new problem" it "exposes an existing problem" because forwarders are re-addressing the email they forward. (Note the difference between FORWARD and RELAY).

That's not a problem. Forwarders don't re-address email; they never have..
Good ones do.  Like mine.

That's like saying cows are a problem because they don't eat with a knife and fork.
That's not a good analogy, cows are not capable of eating with utencils. Forwarders are capable of re-addressing if they so choose.

If you want to amend Internet process and eliminate forwarding, replacing it with incremental delivery or some such, fine.
I just want emails bouncing around not to be able to claim they are from my domain if they are not from my domain aka forged.

But don't call a long-standing function operating the way it always has operated a problem.

There are lots of "long standing functions" in windows operating systems that admins know they have to disable or they will get hacked/virused. That doesn't make the "long standing functions" something that should *ever* have been there. And that *is* a good analogy.

Terry

Read the whitepaper!  http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf