Re: Problem with SID

2005-06-24 05:43:11
In <20050624074358(_dot_)GB12273(_at_)alatheia(_dot_)elm(_dot_)net> Alex van
den Bogaerdt <alex(_at_)ergens(_dot_)op(_dot_)het(_dot_)net> writes:

[about the forwarding problem]

If I may try an attempt to summarize: the difference of opinion is this:

-a- SPF exposes an existing problem. It is not the SPF community's problem
vs
-b- SPF creates a new problem. The SPF community should come up with a fix
vs
-c- SPF exposes an existing problem and should come up with a fix

Yes, I think those are the three major camps that I have seen since
very early on.

Personally, I don't much care whether the problem is new or old, I
think we in the SPF community needs to give people ways of fixing
this.  I think the senders/domain owners, the forwarders, and the
receivers can all take steps to reduce or eliminate the problem.  I
attempted to very briefly outline the options in section 9.3 of the
SPF spec.  See:

http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02.html#forwarding

-wayne