Re: Conflict with challenge/response filters

2005-07-05 19:57:50
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

I just add such services to 'no-srs-forwarders', which turns off
SRS/SES for that recipient domain in my implementation.

Hmm.. Yes, that does sound sensible. Thanks!

Also needed for recipients that reject localparts with '+' (and in
rare cases '=').

Are you (or somebody else) possibly able to point me to some resource
that describes (in detail) how it can be done on sendmail? (I'm not a
mail server pro, just an Internet hobbyist who signed up for a VPS last
year.)

I wrapped up the ugly sendmail details in a HACK (sendmail jargon for
a user supplied feature) available in the pysrs package:

http://bmsi.com/python/pysrs.html

which runs a sockmap daemon and calls it from sendmail macros.

With pysrs installed, my sendmail.mc includes the following:

MAILER(procmail)dnl
define(`NO_SRS_FILE',`/etc/mail/no-srs-mailers')dnl
dnl define(`NO_SRS_FROM_LOCAL')dnl
HACK(`pysrs',`/var/run/milter/pysrs')dnl
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`pythonfilter', `S=local:/var/run/milter/pythonsock, F=T,
T=C:5m;S:20s;R:5m;E:5m')

The original Perl implementation, a C library, and different
instructions for integrating with sendmail via socket map are at:

http://www.libsrs2.org

I just added (original style) SES support, and am testing the combination of
SRS and SES on the bmsi.com server.  It doesn't work 100% yet.  There are a lot
of cases :-)  The advantage of (original style) SES for the purpose of
blocking bogus bounces is that sigs are smaller and it looks less
klunky and it doesn't use "+" and is case insensitive.  Hey, it was enough
of an itch for me to scratch.

The CVS for pysrs is on http://sourceforge.net/projects/pymilter