Re: Conflict with challenge/response filters

2005-07-06 11:40:30
David Woodhouse wrote:
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
I do that.  I doesn't help, because the %^$&*(#$ virus scanner sends:

MAIL FROM: <evilvirusscanner(_at_)cluelesswinduhsuser(_dot_)com>
RCPT TO: <innocentbystander(_at_)example(_dot_)com>
DATA
Subject: See how wonderful or scanner is!

We decided to annoy you every time our customer is sent a virus.
We hope this will make you want to buy our product, so you
too can annoy innocent people all over the world every time
someone tries to send you a virus!

In this country, that would be illegal.

Which country can it be that you are referring to? ;-)

Even if I'm able to guess, note that SPF/SRS is a truly global matter, so the relevance of legal restrictions in occational countries (even large countries) is limited and should not be allowed to affect our thinking too much.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Sweden