Re: Re: Conflict with challenge/response filters

2005-07-06 11:49:52
Frank Ellermann wrote:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
The incident made me realize that having all outgoing
envelope-from addresses rewritten clashes with the
challenge/response approach.

Now that you've said it, yes, indeed.  It should be the
same problem for all encoded addresses with a timestamp.

Anybody who knows of a simple solution to this problem?

Can you disable SRS for particular users ?  Just let the
sender and the 551-users shoot it out.  (551 = not local)

By default, envelope-from addresses in messages to local recipients are
not rewritten. Other than that, are you thinking of anything beyond what
Stuart suggested?

It's apparently one of those cases where the new address
is neither secret nor temporary, but permanent, in other
words your user wants that senders update their address
book.

Not sure from where you drew that conclusion. ;-)

Actually, this particular case was not about a forwarded message at all,
it was about a message that was sent from a script on my server directly to a recipient on the C/R server.

In that situation SRS won't help to get it right.

Maybe not, but it wasn't designed to make a difference in that respect, was it? OTOH, it shouldn't do any harm either.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson