Re: Conflict with challenge/response filters

2005-07-06 09:42:21
Hannah Schroeter wrote:
Now, one could enforce the standards more strictly, i.e.
accept mail to non-SRS/SES addresses only from *non*-empty envelope
froms, and accept mail to SRS/SES addresses only from empty envelope
senders.

Well, if I had rejected based on the latter, we souldn't have this thread. :)

But, yes, I was thinking along similar lines.

At least I interpret RFC 2821 in a way that that would be legal.

If you are right (I haven't made an own attempt to interpret it), we should probably stop looking at this "conflict" as a problem to be dealt with on the SPF/SRS side of things. Instead, when enough addresses are rewritten and people using broken C/R services get aware of the problem, those services will change.

Painful to start with, sure, no surprise there.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson