Re: Conflict with challenge/response filters

2005-07-05 15:43:02
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Julian Mehnle wrote:

C/R systems are bad, period.

When the C/R system does not first check SPF or otherwise ensure that
the return path is not forged (domain keys, whatever), then it
is a form of mail abuse second only to virus scanners that send warnings
with non-empty MAIL FROM to the return path.  And I treat such
C/R systems as mail abuse.  The mail they send is

1) unsolicited - I didn't send them diddly squat.

2) bulk - together they send me (literally) thousands per day of their spam,
   even if individual systems have some sort of limit.