Re: Conflict with challenge/response filters

2005-07-06 16:50:41
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

Frank Ellermann wrote:
[[ When I said "probably not" the same as Stuart's idea I
   meant "probably yes", sorry, not enough coffee + PEBKAC ]]

it's the broken C/R system's fault; the challenge should have
been sent with an empty envelope FROM.

RfC 3834 says only MAY.  It's fun to read RfC 3834, check it
out.  A C/R system could use an empty or non-empty MAIL FROM -
of course the latter should not create another challenge - and
a header field Auto-Submitted:

One of my favourite RfCs, although the author is not exactly
pleased with my theory that it works best behind a SPF check.

                            Bye, Frank