Re: Forwading/Redirecting: The problem as I see it....

2005-07-06 09:30:34
On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 12:23 -0400, Dick St.Peters wrote:
Forwarding grew out of the UUCP email days when all email was relayed
through a series of sites.  It has been a perfectly legitimate
activity, often even a public service, for decades.

This is true.

 Unfortunately, the openness that forwarding has utilized is being
widely abused.

I'm not sure I agree with this. There is a technical incompatibility
between the flawed initial assumptions of SPF and the long-established
practice of forwarding mail, but that doesn't mean that mail forwarding
is being abused. Why do you say that it's being abused?

--
dwmw2