Re: Explain please

2005-07-08 04:42:00
David Woodhouse wrote:
I can suddenly declare that I want to drive on the right-hand side of
the world like the rest of the world does. Each driver in the country
can make that change at relatively low cost to himself/herself. Yet I
would be foolish to advocate this, because we have to recognise the
difficulty of getting _everyone_ to change, just to accommodate my whim.
It's not about those who want to participate; it's about those who have
no interesting the latest crackpot scheme, and even those who are
actively opposed to it because of the existence of less intrusive
alternatives.

You're missing the point of SPF.  We _want_ forwarding without sender
rewriting to break in the general case (that is, unless the receiver
whitelists his trusted forwarders).  We consider forwarding without sender
rewriting a broken legacy feature.

Yes, many, like you, don't agree with that.  I guess it is going to be a
struggle for which side gets backed by more people.  Your best chance at
winning this struggle is to explain to people why forwarding without
sender rewriting is worth to be preserved.