Re: SPF+SRS vs. BATV (was: SPF Stats)

2005-07-05 07:11:32
David Woodhouse writes:
Not at all. The problem I pointed out is that for SPF to be viable you
need everyone _else_ to implement SRS; even those who are not
participating in SPF and who think it is unwise.

I don't see why either SPF or SRS depends on everyone else
implementing them.  At my tiny ISP and mail forwarding service I
publish SPF records and use SPF to reject mail, and I use SRS to
avoid having SPF reject mail forwarded to my offsite users.  My
service is a proof of concept that these are suitable to incremental
deployment.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com
Gatekeeper, NetHeaven, Saratoga Springs, NY