Re: The IANA has assigned us DNS number 99 for SPF

2005-07-12 04:40:26
On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 07:25:12AM -0400,
 Michael Weiner <hunter(_at_)userfriendly(_dot_)net> wrote
 a message of 50 lines which said:

So, which is correct

According to RFC 3597, the length is the length of the RDATA (resource
data). Does it include the length itself, like Florian assumes? I do
not think so, because of this example in the RFC:

   If the RDATA is of zero length, the text representation contains only
   the \# token and the single zero representing the length.

So, I believe I am right. The other examples in the RFC support my
claim.

other than the obvious addition of the '0b' portion of that record.

Probably a bug.