Re: Re: The IANA has assigned us DNS number 99 for SPF

2005-07-12 08:40:58

Arjen de Korte wrote:
Michael Weiner schreef:

Got it, thank you for that explaination :)

Writing a converter to include a TYPE99 record seems an awful lot of
waste, given the simplicity of patching BIND9 to understand the newly
assigned SPF RR:

Arjen

PS  The attached files will make the necessary modifications to BIND
9.3.1. The 'spf_99.[ch]' files go into the 'lib/dns/rdata/generic/'
directory and the 'bind-spf.diff' patches 'bin/tests/rdata_test.c'.

-------

I'll go for that solution if Arjen would like to expalin in detail how to apply the files. I have never "patched" anything before.

Slainte,
JohnP