RE: Re:MX/PTR Max Lookup error was( "/" inside an exists: domain-spec?)

2005-07-19 10:58:44
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Mark
Shewmaker
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 1:49 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: "/" inside an exists: domain-spec?

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 01:20:40PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:

It seems to me then, that this is a bug in the draft.

I must not be following something.

It's clearly a PermError as you point out, so what exactly is this bug
or inconsistency that you're referring to?

--
Mark Shewmaker
mark(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com

Subject line updated (sorry, should have done it earlier)

Well, as I have been following this thread, I started out saying that it was
PermError and Wayne and Frank said no it's not.

I thought it was clearly PermError, but got resistance on that.

So, either it is PermError (and the spec isn't clear enough because others
thought not) or it's not PermError (and the spec isn't clear enough because
you and I thought it was).

I think PermError is the right answer, but I guess I'd like to know what the
consensus is here and then Wayne can figure out if he should/can clarify the
text.

Scott K