Re: Re: "/" inside an exists: domain-spec?

2005-07-18 18:19:51
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Scott Kitterman wrote:

I'd appreciate it if anyone who's published type 99/SPF records would let
me know so I can test this.

bmsi.com
sepa.bmsi.com

As Stuart said, I should've checked for '.' after macro expansion.  The
%{d} never gets called with this bug.

I'll cvs update and look at this.

The 10/10/10 processing limit is fully implemented under
strict processing in pySPF, so more than 10 MX is a PermError

AFAIK more than 10 names for an MX are ignored by the receiver,
but don't cause a PermError (same logic for PTR).  The result
PermError for "v=spf1 a a a a a a a a a a a" is nice :-)  Bye

The 10 MX limit is a MUST, so I think PermError is appropriate.

Question for Frank, if >10 MX are to be ignored, does that mean:

a) ignore the MX mechanism entirely

b) use only the first 10 sorted by
   i) priority,domain
   ii) priority,random

If b.i, how do you defend rather arbitrary ordering by domain?
If b.ii, how you do you defend random results?