Re: Survey: When does SPF cause legitimate email to be rejected?

2005-08-07 01:48:33

Which is not very helpful to their customers. It would be much better
if they allowed the customer to set up their own SPF record to match
the systems from which mail for each domain will be sent.

DNS hosters should be very careful in setting up wizards and putting SPF records by default and alike.. 1 DNS hoster "hosed" 10000 domain names (yes it was ALOT) which made 10000 Domain SPF records PermFail by using ip: instead of ip4: and said it was valid to use ip: as it was in the older specs (which we all know is totally false)

I wonder what their 10000 customers would of thought if I told them...

Thanks
Craigb