Is SenderID supposed to stumble on garbage records? (paging Jim Lyon) C&C

2005-08-24 16:30:47
Interesting SenderID failure.  It seems Jim is a subscriber to spf-discuss, and
my list postings are being bounced by exchange.microsoft.com back to me.
If exchange.microsoft.com applied SenderID to my post resulting in a FAIL, then it shouldn't have sent me a bounce message, right? I think that's what happened. Typical Microsoft software quality in evidence? They can't even write an implementation that complies with their own spec? I wonder if Microsoft has claimed, as part of their efforts to standardize SenderID, to have implemented it.
It seems there's a SenderID implementation wannabe on exchange.microsoft.com
that is violating 3.3 and 5.3 of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01.txt !

See  dig +short elvey.com TXT

Your Message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

        Subject: FUD in Meng's "What To Do"
        Sent: 08/23/2005 12:07:47

The following recipient(s) could not be reached.  Please access the original message from
"Sent Items" and resend to recipient(s).

        jimlyon(_at_)exchange(_dot_)microsoft(_dot_)com on 08/23/2005 12:07:47
554 5.4.4 Unable to route

Reporting-MTA: dns;df-bandit-bhd
Arrival-Date: 08/23/2005 12:07:47

Final-Recipient: rfc822;jimlyon(_at_)exchange(_dot_)microsoft(_dot_)com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.4.4 Please access the original message from "Sent
Items" and resend to recipient(s).