[spf-discuss] Re: Cat Fight! SPF Claws Sender-ID

2005-09-03 15:34:07
Scott Kitterman wrote:

http://www.emailbattles.com/archive/battles/spam_aabeeighag_ef/

LOL.  Nice subject, nice article, I liked it.  Julian / others,
could we get a more organized way to "republish" links like
this ?  JohnP started it with his "news" page on spf-help.

But it's hard work if _one_ person does it all, nobody of "us"
(TINU) likes this.  OTOH as community it works almost perfectly

- whoever sees something relevant (you, Wayne, John, me, etc.)
  posts it here, all readers of this list get it.

- but we'd like a bigger audience, not only those reading this
  list.  I'm not sure what's the best way to do it.

For my own site I use a mail2rss gateway resulting in a pseudo-
blog, and if that's down for some months (or I have nothing new
to report) it's okay.

For SPF we'd need something more reliable, and we can't risk
write access for everybody who feels like it.  OTOH it should
be KISS.  Idea:  GMaNe already has mail2blog.  Essentially we
only have to revive "announce" (or use "deployment"), and we
get the mail2blog permalink functionality for free.

For the more paranoid among "us" (as Julian said that's me ;-)
we could use a redirection to the GMaNe "blog" instead of a
direct link.

For my pseudo-ersatz-blog I use <http://purl.net/xyzzy/-rss> -
that's what syndic8 "sees", I'm free to move the real thing.

For a community-SPF-blog we could use <http://openspf.org/-rss>
with a redirection to GMaNe (details TBD).  There's a catch,
AFAIK GMaNe adds the new rel=nofollow (or whatever it is) to
all links - that's precisely what we not want, because robots
would ignore such links.

Okay, very vague, but I'd really love it if we could get the
effect of John's "news" page painlessly (= without the pain to
bother somebody "could you please...").

                           Bye, Frank