[spf-discuss] OT: IESG bar BOF

2005-10-20 23:25:12
william(at)elan.net wrote:

don't get him started about 666, xxx, or simply x ;-)

He's appealing correction of a typo? You gotto be kidding !
What possible grounds can there be for this?????

It's stated in the appeal, 3066bis is a lethal danger to all
users, their cultures, languages, and countries (or similar).

For a list with his other objections see question 1F of the
proto-questionaire ("proto-shepherd" = co-Chair to AD = real
shepherd, one of those IETF procedures documented in an I-D):

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_comment&id=38612

He also tested RfC 3934 four times, i.e. three public warnings
(1 on the language tag review list, 3 in LTRU), three timeouts
(1 "   "      "     "     "    "  , 2 "   "  ), but one timeout
cancelled after his appeal to the AD because the public warning
was unclear.

The author of 1766 / 3066 (and listmom of the tag review list),
or in other words Harald, the former IETF Chair, was finally
so seriously annoyed that he started a 3683 petition,  That's
how we'll soon get the second 3683 last call:

<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/jefsey-pr-action.php>

An impressive list of signatures.  For at least one of them
without any "hat" I know that he had a good reason to sign it.

I doubt there is much correlation between this list and
ltru....

I was only there because I'm interested in whois and ccTLDs -
they wanted to do some strange things with ISO 3166-1 country
codes.  Then there was a problem with 2047 encoded words in
mail header fields (RfC 2231 added language tags), and Bruce
had "educated" USEFOR about 2231 but didn't show up in LTRU,
Ned is the author of 2231 and supports Julian's appeal, Harald
was the IETF Chair in the time of MARID, for this sin he was
"condemned" to be the USEFOR Chair, sometimes somebody with
the name Schlitt but not Wayne posts in USEFOR, etc., somehow
this all belongs together. ;-)
                               Bye, Frank