[spf-discuss] IESG bar BOF (was: Wizard harmful)

2005-10-20 19:26:51
william(at)elan.net wrote:

I could not even understand what is being appealed

The typo wasn't a bug but a feature (in some parallel universe
far far away, in a galaxy with the beautiful number 3683 - be
careful, don't get him started about 666, xxx, or simply x ;-)

Could, somebody summarize?

The summary is included, you missed it, here's the raw version:
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.ltru/3953>

Our "procedural drills" here weren't completely wasted, we now
know precisely who will when write what into a note to the RfC
editor.  Why consent of the authors is important, the works...

[ And why boasting on the general list about any draft "ready
  for Bruce's review" is a bad plan while it still contains an
  obscure ABNF typo - sure like hell this caused a "Discuss" -
  very embarassing, but that's now cleared. ]

Well at least with so many appeals, IESG can't deny all of
them and the above seems like a good one to say no to...

LOL, that's an idea, so either your appeal or Julian's should
make it.  Actually Julian's could then be moot, because I still
haven't found a "remedy" for your appeal, apparently only "DNP"
(do not publish) could satisfy your objections.  Of course with
an apology to Jim & Meng that the vagaries of 2822 and 2476bis
are not their fault.

My idea was different:  To get rid of the 3066bis appeal is for
some LTRU folks very important.  So if the IESG decides about
the pending appeals in chronological order they couldn't delay
the SIDF appeals until it's "too late" (= published).

Maybe they'll decide about this and the earlier appeals
in a "bar BOF" (IETF 64, Vancouver, November 6 - 11, 2005)

Then again if they do deny the appeals, we can always say
that they all got really drunk when making such decision :)

Send pics... :-)  I fear they won't invite me to testify about
the 3066bis issue, it's obvious.  I still bet that 3066bis will
get its RfC number before SPF.
                                  Bye, Frank