RE: [spf-discuss] SPF Service Provider

2005-10-21 07:06:18
Just wondering though, why is AOL not accepting emails then.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Woodhouse [mailto:dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 7:31 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] SPF Service Provider

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 05:07 -0700, Sandipan Chowdhury wrote:
I want to publish SPF record for my domain in order to ensure I am not

blocked by servers who do SPF check before accpting emails.

You don't need to do that -- no sanely run server would reject your mail
just because you have not published an SPF record.

However, I want that my servers would not do any SPF check before
accepting any emails. I hope this is possible as the above two things
are totally differently managed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You're right. You don't need to check SPF either (and there are
significant reasons why you would not want to reject mail for SPF
failures).

--
dwmw2