RE: [spf-discuss] SPF Service Provider

2005-10-21 08:39:55
-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Field [mailto:dan(_dot_)field(_at_)accessemedia(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 8:23 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] SPF Service Provider

The forgery could be false though couldn't it? If the e-mail
had been through a forwarding server or something like that?
(One that doesn't do SES or any other form of re-writing).

Dan

In the sense that you could give your credit card
to your kid/employee/friend/etc (i.e., your user) who
then gives it to someone else (the forwarder.)

It's may not be a crime, but it may not be what you
intended either.

In general, do you want the credit card company to
refuse to accept your credit card from an unauthorized
(BY YOU) person, or do you want them to just send
you the bill?

It's a choice...really, it is a choice.

BTW:  I have to add my daughters and employees to my
credit cards for which they are authorized -- it's an
extra step requirement my proactive participation.

Although it doesn't catch all fraud, it does stop
some types of transactions.

The analogy holds pretty well; because the actual
effect is also dependent on the recipients -- do they
ask for ID?  Do they refuse the transaction from an
unauthorized users?  Do they expect me to pay when
they fail to check?

--
Herb Martin