Re: IAB appeal or not - please comment (Re: [spf-discuss] Re: [RFC State] <draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02> has changed state)

2006-01-24 18:12:59

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, wayne wrote:

Oh.  One more thing.

It might be a good idea to see when the deadline for an IAB appeal
would need to be.  If I recall correctly, the IESG appeals were made
in the last week of the appeal period.  For all I know, the IAB period
may already be over, making the whole discussion moot.   Heck, that
may well be why the IESG block was lifted.

The appeal's decisions were published on December 8, 2005. IETF seems to give 60 days to file appeals so if IAB appeal is filed it would have to be done by February 8th. So yes, we're almost out of time and decision on this would have to be made on the first meeting of new council.

P.S. Personally I dont think we lost great deal of time on IESG appeals.
The delay due to appeal was 4 months, but I think the RFC would likely
not have been published in 2005 (most approved RFCs wait around 4-6
months) even without appeals. However time is an issue now and IAB
appeal will definitely delay publication. Something to think about...

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks