RE: [spf-discuss] Godaddy Policy

2006-03-03 09:06:34
They are absolutely correct.  There is nothing that can be done about
spoofing.  You just have to ride it out.

You may also want to check to see if your domain's mail servers are
protected against being used to actually send spam.  You can check at
www.DNSREPORT.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pay_now(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com [mailto:pay_now(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 09:50
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] Godaddy Policy

Want to rant a bit, and get some opinion to make sure I'm not out of line.

For months now my domain has been spoofed with no end in site.  Godaddy is
the host and registrar.

When I first reported it to them they sent some message to me describing
what spoofing is, etc.

I would send them bouncebacks and get no response.  Of course, I would
complain about the lack of response.

Finally, I get this response from them:

"We have received your reply.

We want to thank you for sending us the bounce back message headers.  We
have researched your issue and unfortunately we cannot prevent spoofing, nor
can any other ISP.  We want to apologize for the trouble you have
experienced.  SPF can help reduce the amount of spoofing but ultimately
spoofing is a criminal activity and the only way to prevent it is to pursue
the offender legally.

If the office can assist you with further comments or concerns, let us
know."

I'm wondering.  Is this just a brushoff?  Are the companies that can do
better than this?  Godaddy allows you to publish SPF records, which I'm
still trying to learn.

Thanks.