RE: [spf-discuss] draft-schlitt-spf-classic AUTH48 review

2006-03-27 11:43:01
Nick Nicholas wrote:
On Monday, March 27, 2006 at 9:27 AM Matthew.van.Eerde wrote:

Kurt Andersen wrote:

How about a more active statement:

When a mechanism is evaluated, one of three things happens:
it matches; it fails to match; or it throws an exception.

Works for me.

I was going to make that very suggestion.

And I'm of the same mind with someone else who was troubled with the
"throws an exception" phrase.  What about something along the lines of
"produces an error" instead?  The "throws an exception" language is
too close to jargon for my tastes.

How about:

Evaluating a mechanism results in one of the following:
* MATCHSUCCESS
* MATCHFAIL
* MATCHAAAIIIEEE!!!

;)

Just a little Monday morning levity...

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer