RE: [spf-discuss] draft-schlitt-spf-classic AUTH48 review

2006-03-27 19:32:26
On Monday, March 27, 2006 at 10:47 AM william(at)elan.net wrote:

I put in as alternative-2 the following text for 4.6.2:

"4.6.2.  Mechanisms

    Each mechanism is considered in turn from left to right.  If there
    are no more mechanisms, the result is specified in Section 4.7.

    When a mechanism is evaluated, one of three things can
happen: it can
    match, it can not match, or it can cause an error."

If you think phrasing this as "or it can produce an error" is
better, we can do it as well, but I think produce does not
work as well when mechanism is a subject on the line. Please comment.

I agree that "cause an error" is better.

The change will be decided on upcoming SPF Council meeting,
personally I'm in favor of such a change as well but I don't
think its absolutely necessary unlike few other issues.

Also agreed.  I was just reviewing the document with my copy-editor's
hat on.  I've seen a number of little nits like this pointed out already
in this round of discussion, and I thought the "throws an exception"
phrasing could be improved.  I think you have found the better phrasing.

I'll shut up now!  :-)

Regards,

Nick

--