Re: [spf-discuss] How can one alert domain admins of broken spf records

2006-06-08 11:44:47
On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Scott Kitterman wrote:

On Thursday 08 June 2006 10:16, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

I reject on NEUTRAL for a handful of domains that have boatloads of forged
spam sent in their name (they really need a strict record).  The
list includes:

SPF-Neutral:yahoo.com   REJECT

How are you getting an SPF result for Yahoo?

That would be the "guessed" SPF result in the case of Yahoo.  For domains
with no SPF record, my heuristic is "v=spf1 a mx ptr ?all".  Again,
the result of the heuristic is *not* the SPF result.  The heuristic
result goes in an X-Guessed-SPF header field.