Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Rejecting "Best-Guess" failures

2006-07-20 13:35:06
On Thursday 20 July 2006 16:23, Robert Millan wrote:

You don't need to try it to know the results.  Instead of rejecting mails,
you can just generate an X-Best-Guess header, and after some time, grep
your mailboxes.

ATTOW, my ham box has 49 "X-Best-Guess:" headers, all with "pass".  My spam
box has 4 with "neutral" and 2 with "pass".

I've just been generating this header for a few days, but the results are
pretty good so far.  0 false positives :).

Do you generate X-Best-Guess for all messages or just those that don't have an
SPF record?

Although my mail should pass SPF, it would have never passed best guess (I
realize that you get this message with a listbox Mail From, so it's
irrelevant to the list messages, but in general I think there are a lot of
legit senders that don't pass best guess.

Scott K