Re: [spf-discuss] Rejecting "Best-Guess" failures

2006-07-20 13:47:10
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:37:17PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
On Thursday 20 July 2006 16:29, Robert Millan wrote:
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 03:37:31PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
I do not believe that I have ever sent a message that would pass best
guess, even when I used my domain host's mail server.

But kitterman.com does provide an SPF record.  Then you pass best-guess as
long as you pass standard SPF check.

My point is that if I didn't have an SPF record, my sending architecture
would
fail best guess.  I've looked back at the providers I've used over the last
decade and in NO case would I have passed best guess.

I would put it differently.  Best guess doesn't enter into it because I have
an SPF record, but if you ran the best guess check against any e-mail I've
sent for the last 10 years, it would fail.

Did you send them from dynamic IP addresses?  This used to be possible untill
recently, when every DNSBL around gets to add your IP.  Now I'm forced to route
my mail through a trusted external relay.

My point is that this seemingly unrelated restriction has motivated a
significant number of senders to adapt to best-guess, before best-guess even
existed :-)

(anyway, I'll keep gathering X-SPF-Guess: results for a while.  so far they're
all good)

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot(_at_)aybabtu(_dot_)com(_dot_)  Note: this address is
only intended for
spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.