Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Rejecting "Best-Guess" failures

2006-07-20 13:52:01
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:33:53PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:

Do you generate X-Best-Guess for all messages or just those that don't have
an
SPF record?

Although my mail should pass SPF, it would have never passed best guess (I
realize that you get this message with a listbox Mail From, so it's
irrelevant to the list messages, but in general I think there are a lot of
legit senders that don't pass best guess.

AFAIK, best-guess is defined as "same as spf, except when no record is found,
assume a/24 mx/24 ptr ?all".  I generate this header for all messages.  When
they have an SPF record, the result is the same as Received-SPF of course.

Btw, I don't implement this policy myself.  My MTA just relies on:

  spfquery --ip 1.2.3.4 --mail-from foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)org --helo helo  # for
SPF

  spfquery --ip 1.2.3.4 --mail-from foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)org --helo helo --guess
true  # for best-guess

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot(_at_)aybabtu(_dot_)com(_dot_)  Note: this address is
only intended for
spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.